- Collection of your personal information and types of information collected
- For the purpose of carrying on our business including sale, provision, registration and advertisements of our related products and services, we will collect your personal information when you, such as (i) order a product from us online or through our authorized dealers or agents; (ii) contact us with an enquiry or complaint; (iii) use our products or services; or (iv) visit or browse our websites.
- The information that we collect include but is not limited to (i) your name; (ii) correspondence address and/or billing address; (iii) account details, including account numbers, service numbers or user accounts; (iv) payment details including credit card information, bank account and other banking information; (v) contact details, including contact name and fixed and mobile telephone number and email address; (vi) your date of birth; (vii) information for the verification of your identity, including identification type and identification number; or (viii) your preferences for particular products, services or your hobbies and leisure activities.
- Information collected on this Site will be used according to the following guidelines:
- We may use and analyse your information for the following purposes including but not limited to: (a) processing your order and providing the products and services that you have bought from us and keeping you updated with the progress of your order; (b) billing you for ordering our products or services or contacting you if necessary; (c) for the daily operation of our provision of products and services to customers; (d) designing products or services for customers’ use; (e) analyze and monitor information about consumer and customer activity so that we can administer, improve and develop our products or services; (f) promote, market and support our products; and/or (g) develop a knowledge base regarding the Site users and customers.
- Your personal information will be kept confidential but we may disclose information about you to (a) members in the BrainWorks Group of companies; (b) contractors, agents or suppliers who are involved in delivering the products and services you have ordered or used; (c) any banking or financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, or credit information or reference bureaux; (d) any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to us in connection with the operation of its business; (e) law-enforcement or government bodies, regulatory bodies, courts or as required by law; (f) third party reward, loyalty and privileges programme providers; (g) external service providers (including but not limited to mailing houses, telemarketing and direct sales agents, call centres, data processing companies and information technology companies) that we engages for the purposes set out in paragraph 2.1.
- General Provisions
- The security of your personal information is important to us and we are committed to handling your customer information carefully. We make reasonable efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SITE BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- In the event that we sell substantially all of our assets, or one of our units are acquired, personally identifiable information of visitors to the Site and aggregate information will likely be one of the transferred assets.
- We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet, and understand that children may not understand all the provisions of our Privacy Statement or make informed decisions about the choices that are made available to adult users of the Site. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be familiar with the sites their children visit. For children under the age of 18, if you do not qualify to submit certain information via our Site and do so anyway, your data will be deleted and your ordered products will not be processed.
- The Site may contain images of and links to third party Web sites (“Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site nor the privacy practices of the Linked Sites.
- All information provided by you at any chat room, forum, message board and/or news groups in the Site may open to public. Please consider carefully when you provide your personal information in the aforesaid manner.
- Request For Access To Personal Information
- Please be reminded of your statutory rights that you as customer are entitled to, including but not limited to, check whether we hold personal data about you and receive copies of such data, or request us to correct the relevant information relating to you which is inaccurate. In that regard, we shall be entitled to charge you a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
- For any requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held and to stop receiving or re-start receiving direct marketing, please inform us in writing by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, postal address, and any message. Please note that such requests may take up to fourteen (14) days to become effective.
- For any complaint in respect of our use of your personal information, please inform us in writing by sending us an email to email@example.com.
Last Update: 2019-09-10